Be a wild VOLUNTEER
Want to be part of the WILDSIDE FESTIVAL team? Hooray! We want our volunteers to be the beating heart of this event so if you fancy helping with the festival for local wildlife, then you're awesome.
You don’t need to have previous experience to volunteer just enthusiasm and a commitment to delivering a great festival experience. On the job training will be provided.
Check out these #WildVolunteer roles and be part of the Wildside Festival Volunteer team
The Welcome Team are based at the entrance to the festival field and will:
· Give festival goers a warm Wildside welcome
· Check tickets
· Direct people and provide info
· Get people in the festival spirit!
Signposting Volunteers are key information points for festival goers, helping people on site by:
· Answering questions
· Directing or showing people where things are/events are happening
· Flag up lost children with event organisers!
Help festival goers to have the best time
Artist Liaison and Production
Be the go-to volunteer for our wonderfully diverse mix of artists!
As an Artist Liaison Volunteer you will look after assigned artists once they arrive on site by:
· Making sure they know when they’re on and where they have to go
· Directing them around the site as necessary
· Answering questions
· Providing refreshments
As an Education Volunteer you will:
· Check in families who have booked on to sessions
· Assist staff with family led sessions and craft activities
· Keep the #wildchild meadow area safe and tidy
· Help everyone to have a #wildtime
The Logistics Volunteer will be hands on solving practical problems on site.
· Assist with ‘set changes’ on site
· Ensure the site recycling system is working and managed
· Be proactive and alert to any potential problems such as faulty facilities
· Alert relevant staff in response to any medical, fire or other health and safety issue
Work with our very own Amber Ales to keep festival goers refreshed!
As a bar volunteer you will be shown the ropes by our friends at Amber Ales and White Peak Distillery; get hands on experience of a busy festival bar!
Trader Liaison and Production
As a Trader Liaison Volunteer you will be on hand to assist traders when they arrive on site, ensuring they get set up in the right pitch and help with any problems across the day, as well as when they pack up
Photography and Videography
Do you have the skills to capture the spirit of Wildside Fest? Be there in the throng to capture the #wildmoments
So, other than knowing you're taking action for wildlife, what else do you get as a wild volunteer?
Hands on experience working at a large-scale event
Superb networking opportunities with production teams, artists, creatives, educators, conservationists and more
On-site training in event production and delivery
Socialising with loads of awesome, like minded folk. It really is a great way to make friends!
Travel expenses and parking covered
Food and refreshment vouchers
Your very own Wildside Festival 2019 t-shirt
We appreciate the time our volunteers offer up so that we can do this awesome thing for wildlife, so we're more than happy to provide glowing references
Discounted tickets for friends and family #futurevolunteers
Other questions? Find some FAQ’s at the bottom of this page.
If that all sounds as good to you as it does us, just complete the simple form below and we'll be in touch with more information.
WE CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
· Will I have to volunteer all day?
Only if you want to! Otherwise you can volunteer for the morning or afternoon/evening. Get in touch if you want to discuss this at firstname.lastname@example.org Volunteers will work in shifts so you will get breaks.
· Can I watch the bands?
You will need to ensure you are fulfilling your volunteer role first and foremost. You will get breaks when you can make the most of what’s happening on stage!
· Can I get a lift to the festival site?
Once volunteer teams have met it may be possible to share lifts but it is not guaranteed. The site is on bus routes – check out our ‘Where are we?’ page for further info. Speak to the Volunteer Coordinator when you sign up if transport is an issue for you
· Do I have to have experience of volunteering or working at a festival?
No. More than anything we want enthusiasm and a commitment to getting stuck in! If you have experience that’s great but it is not essential. The Photography and Videography role will require skills but not necessarily experience at an event.